Friday, January 13, 2012

The Prancing Deer

by Todd L. Dias

As I sit and read,

concerning myself with theological knowledge,

I notice two young does,

prancing in newly fallen snow.

A “saturated phenomenon”;

a reminder of God’s splendor

that eclipses human imagination.

The prancing deer give me pause,

leading to thoughts

of the innocence of stark nature,

nature Man has “enframed”

but cannot fully gather

In light of this, it seems

only Man needs a Redeemer

However, among the creatures walking the Earth,

Beauty can be appreciated by human beings most deeply.

Perhaps this is our reflection or likeness of the One

who saw creation as good

The deer vanish into the wooden glen

and I return to study,

thanking God for restoring wonder

to my studious mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home