Sunday, August 03, 2008

Dreams

A Princess Leia
Who isn't my sister
Dances the dance with me
Of Valor and Glory
In a time of Heroes and Villains
And I, the Jedi Knight
Guided by the Force
Saves the day
Or so it was supposed to be

My childhood dream
Was to make you my bride
Fighting evil
Side by side
But I have grown up
And woken up
To see you are out of reach

Now I have lost more than my hand
And I can only dream
Of becoming a wise old man
To teach of a way
To see light in a world of wide-awake nightmares

Dream and you will find a way
Through the fog and lies
Through the people and things
Which would make you exchange
Your heart for a measured rationality
Of a collective will to extinguish the fire
Of the highest height
That we can reach
With our dreams

1 Comments:

Blogger AZ said...

Star Wars... a universe ever expanding. This poem will be for a niche audience. Very nice.

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home